The ABC countdown continues....
Tuesday = J - Joke day...bring a joke to share
Wednesday = K - kindness day
Thursday = L - lollipop day
Friday = M - an "m" themed day with our guest principal MRS. DEROUSSE!!!!!!!! :)
If you have not already done so please return the slip for graduation along with your child's $5.00 fee. (I believe as of today there are only a few people left...I'll send you a reminder this week if I have not received your fee)
Book orders due in class or online Wednesday.
Field trip papers need to be signed & returned. I'm still in need of one more chaperone. We have 4 people going so far and we could use 1 more. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks in advance for your help!
I loved seeing all the family photos last week. The kids did an amazing job both presenting and listening to everyone! We spent an hour listening and sharing...it was so nice!
Last night I posted some conversation starters to get kids talking about school school...maybe some will break the cycle of "What did you do at school today?" "Nothing.." They looked like some fun ideas.
Last night I posted some conversation starters to get kids talking about school school...maybe some will break the cycle of "What did you do at school today?" "Nothing.." They looked like some fun ideas.
Things we are working on this week include -
Reading - Centers will focus on word work with high frequency words, listening to reading in the listening center, writing the room by searching for specific words, read to self/partner reading, & more. In guided reading I'll be working on the question strategy. this is another way to track our thinking while we read and to dig a little deeper into the texts. We'll be asking things like "I wonder why.....or I wonder if...why did the girl....."
Writing - Reviewing nouns & verbs. Word work spelling out assorted nouns. Handwriting practice continued.
Math - Measurement (continued) capacity, and weight.
Religion - The life of Jesus (stories of his life, miracles, etc.)
Social Studies - assessing students with our end up the unit project
No comments:
Post a Comment