Happy Monday!
We all survived our Homecoming Spirit Week! It was a great week and the kids had a lot of fun. I think they were all completely exhausted by Friday afternoon! The picnic was wonderful and we lucked out with beautiful weather. Some of the fun things the kids did were - jumping houses, dodge ball, kickball, races, playground time, and face painting. Hopefully, they all had time to rest up over the weekend.
Thank you everyone who came for our curriculum night. It was a little intimidating presenting to a room full of adults when I am used to 5 and 6 year olds! I enjoyed sharing some of our learning goals with you. I added a copy of the student schedules in each child's folder. Attached to this week's email is the power point from curriculum night if you missed the presentation. I added in a few things about the writing goals and our Monday multi-age groups.
Next week we have Grandparents Day coming up on Tuesday, October 4th, Parent-Teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday October 5th and 6th. Friday, October 7th = NO SCHOOL!
If you still have not turned in your sheet requesting a time for conferences please turn one in as soon as possible. The SJCA teachers will be coordinating times for siblings later this week and then we will send home your exact day and time. We try our best to get parents into the the times that they request and we appreciate your flexibility as we try to do our best to accommodate all the parents!
Here's a few quick updates on subject areas....
Reading & Language:
- Daily 5 Practice
- Building our read to self stamina
- Word work - letter sorting
- Work on writing - making lists, writing about fall, journal writing
- Handwriting practice - letters Ii, Tt
- Continuing to test student reading levels with a running record (this will be done about every 6-8 weeks)
Math -
- Patterns
- Explore patterns with the SmartBoard, centers, and written work
- Testing students on their counting skills (by 1's and 10's up to 100)
Religion
Social Studies -
- Family and School
- Comparing rules in both places using a shared list
- Continues to compare rules in other places (walking/riding in a car or bus)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SJCA Auction 2011
I have more raffle tickets if anyone needs more to sell (or buy)!
I am also going to coordinate a classroom donation basket for our room. The theme is going to be indoor family/children's activities for winter. Donations I'll be looking for are board games, puzzles, movies, arts/crafts, coloring books, picture books, etc. Anything that a family or kids could do inside together to stay busy ALL winter :) Look for a flyer to come home this week in the Wednesday folder as well! We will have about a month to collect items. I can also shop for you if you would prefer to donate $. I will try to make a list of items donated and update it weekly so that we can try to avoid duplicates. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide with our basket!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment