Here's what happening as we finish up the month of November and begin December. Believe it or not I counted a total of 16 school days before Christmas. I am sure this time will fly by!!!!! I am looking forward to sharing some fun activities with the kids or the next few weeks.
Thursday is a 1/2 day of school for teacher inservice.
Remember next Tuesday evening the kids will be participating in the Christmas concert. It starts @ 6 pm. Last year all students met with their classroom teachers in the cafeteria before and after the concert. I will let you know what time the door open as soon as I find out. Last week (Tuesday) the kids brought home copies of their songs. Feel free to practice these at home (if you desire).
I've wrapped up most of the major assessments for the end of the trimester. I will be doing one more reading assessment with the kids this week to re-assess their reading levels. I will update you with their new levels next week at the latest. Look for a ruberic in the Wednesday folder that will cover a checklist of math skills for trimester one. Reports should be arriving in the mail soon. After you have a chance to look over your child's report card, please let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns.
Later this week we will most likely have a visitor in our classroom. Our elf will come for a visit and stay until Christmas break....if you are not familiar with the "elf on the shelf" click here for more info. The students have a lot of fun finding the elf every morning when they come to school and its a great way to reming them that Santa is watching!!!!!!!
Today we started to talk about advent with the children. Each Monday our prayer service will have a small advent service and feature the lighting of the advent candles. Our PACE (multi-age) groups made advent wreaths this morning as well. We will be doing several more advent themed activities with theses groups throughout the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment